Seed Distribution – 2022
The Maple Society seed distribution lets members to access seed collected from various maple species and cultivars.
If you wish to apply for a share of this seed then please note the following:
- Please make a payment of £5 for UK and European destinations, and £8 for the rest of the world. Payment should be made on this page using credit or debit card, or through a PayPal account – your name and address for delivery will be gathered at the time of payment. Please ensure payment is made before the end of November. A PayPal account is not needed to use this payment service.
- Please state whether you require small, medium or large maples and we shall do our best to meet these requirements.
- Seed to be sent to to addresses in Europe will be administered from France. Seed to be sent to to addresses in the UK, and the rest of the world, will be administered from the UK. Please ensure that you obtain the appropriate permissions to import/receive seed from the appropriate authorities in your country before applying for seed. If you apply for seed we assume that it is legal for you to do so and that you have obtained the required permission from the relevant authorities in your country.
- Because of bio-security concerns we shall only be accepting seed for the scheme from UK or European sources, all with the owner’s permission.
- Once the seed has been collected it will be divided between applicants as fairly as we can. Generally speaking the allocation will be contained in an A4 or A5 sized envelope and will be sent out as soon as possible.
- Please note that we cannot guarantee a particular species as it will depend on what seed is available at the time of collection. Neither can we guarantee that the seeds will yield species that are 100% true to type as there is the possibility of hybridization in the parks and gardens where the seeds are collected. Likewise we cannot guarantee successful seed germination.
- UK Members who supply seed to the scheme are entitled to a free share.
On a more general note it would be appreciated if UK members could collect and send seed to our coordinator Robin Jamie, and European members send seed to Luc Helfer. Please contact Robin using the form below to arrange submitting seed to the exchange. This would be most welcome and will give members a great chance to get some unusual species. If you are sending seed, please ensure that the seed for each species or cultivar is in a separate packet, with each packet clearly labeled with the species/cultivar name, and date, place of collection.
If you have any further questions about the scheme then please contact Robin using the form below.
Contact Robin about the Seed Exchange Scheme